Hanson Baker estate planning attorneys provide individuals and couples with a full range of estate planning services. Our estate planning attorneys take pride in their ability to assist clients in transferring their wealth in a manner that accomplishes their important personal goals while minimizing taxes.
Hanson Baker attorneys have extensive experience in:
Business Succession Planning
Gift and Tax Planning
Probate and Estate Settlement
Wills and Trusts
- Business Succession Planning. Represented individuals in establishing a gifting plan to reduce estate tax liability and ensure an orderly succession of the business following the parents' deaths.
- Gift and Tax Planning. Represented individuals with real estate holdings outside the state of Washington by establishing revocable living trusts to hold those assets, so as to avoid probate in multiple states.
- Gift and Tax Planning. Represented father in establishing a limited liability company to hold investment real estate, to develop a business plan for his daughters to locate and manage the properties and a gifting plan to take advantage of available discounts in value.
- Gift and Tax Planning. Represented mother in establishing limited liability company and selling fractional interests to her children using a self-canceling promissory note to save estate tax.
- Gift and Tax Planning. Assisted surviving spouse in identifying assets appropriate to fund By Pass Trusts, considering both tax and personal management issues.
- Gift and Tax Planning. Represented future wife having substantial separate property assets in negotiating agreement which protected her assets while still providing for her spouse in the event of her death.
- Guardianships. Represented professional fiduciary in numerous guardianships.
- Guardianships. Represented individuals with disabled children reaching their majority in establishing guardianships of the person and/or estate and preparing and filing annual reports.
- Guardianships. Represented children with disabled parents in establishing guardianships where durable powers of attorney were not available or not working due to interference from the parent or other children.
- Prenuptial Agreements. Represented future husband whose fiancée was moving to Washington and giving up her job to raise his children, to negotiate a fair prenuptial agreement.
- Prenuptial Agreements. Represented woman in a non-marital relationship by negotiating a non-marital agreement that protected both parties' assets, but assured her of a share of her partner's assets in the event he predeceased her.
- Probate and Estate Settlement. Successfully negotiated settlement of claim against an estate by disgruntled potential beneficiary.
- Probate and Estate Settlement. Prepared estate tax return and successfully defended audit which resulted in a tax savings to the clients of over $1 million.
- Wills and Trusts. Represented couple with over $50 million in assets by preparing wills which provided for their children while rewarding them for being self-reliant and productive members of their community.
- Wills and Trusts. Represented numerous individuals with estates valued from several thousand to several million dollars in the preparation of appropriate estate planning documents.
- Wills and Trusts. Represented individuals in establishing irrevocable living trusts for educational and other purposes for their grandchildren, which enable them to exert greater control over the use of the funds than would otherwise be available with Uniform Transfer to Minors Act gifts.
- Wills and Trusts. Represented numerous couples in the preparation of estate planning documents which allow them to maximize the amount of assets they can ultimately transfer free of estate tax.
- Wills and Trusts . Represented many individuals with disabled children or spouses in establishing special needs trusts.