Hanson Baker attorneys support financial institutions, creditors and borrowers in simple and complex financing transactions and recovery.
We also work closely with the Creditors' Rights and Bankruptcy Practice Group to
ensure all clients' needs are met.
We have extensive experience in:
Loan Document Preparation and Review
Mortgage Fraud Investigation and Recovery
Secured Lending (Personal and Commercial)
- Foreclosures. Conducted hundreds of nonjudicial deed of trust foreclosures for a variety of banks and numerous private lenders, and defended lenders from allegations of wrongful foreclosure.
- Foreclosures. Represented lenders in numerous receivership proceedings and in judicial foreclosure proceedings.
- Foreclosures. Arranged title insured, non-merger deeds in lieu of foreclosure, allowing lenders to retain their security and complete construction or take over leasing activities.
- Loan Document Preparation and Review. Represented owner in financing and refinancing numerous commercial properties in Washington, Arizona and California.
- Mortgage Fraud Investigation and Recovery. Successfully defended mortgage lenders’ lien interests in numerous disputes arising out of borrower and broker mortgage fraud.
- Receiverships. More and more, receiverships are being seen as the more practical alternative to bankruptcy proceedings. We can assist in deciding whether a receivership suits the clients’ needs, and when clients becomes
involved in a receivership proceeding, can provide guidance in how best to maximize the clients' position and right to recovery.
- Secured Lending (Personal and Commercial). Represented several banks in preparation of form loan documents for construction and collateralized loans.
- Secured Lending (Personal and Commercial). Represented lenders in preparation of documents for initial reverse 1031 Exchanges and documents with non-traditional collateral requirements.
- Work Outs. Reorganized collateral requirements and restructured debt for local music company and local bank taken over by receiver.
- Work Outs. Regularly represented secured and unsecured lenders in work-out negotiations, including defaults on land development loans and defaults on multi-million dollar lines of credit to construct spec homes.