TIMOTHY J. GRAHAM
PRACTICE EMPHASIS AND EXPERIENCE
- Commercial Real Estate
Receivership Litigation for Commercial
Purchase and Sale Agreements
Enforcement of Commercial Loan Agreements
Mechanics Liens and Lien Foreclosures
and Title Insurance Claims
- Finance and Banking
of Creditors' Rights/Receivership Litigation for Commercial Lenders
Loan Collection and Recovery
Commercial Mortgage Fraud Investigation and Recovery
Liability and Wrongful Foreclosure Defense
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Litigation in Washington State and Federal Courts
Tim has over 20 years experience in successfully helping corporate and
individual clients resolve commercial and real estate disputes. Tim's aim
is to bring smart, efficient, enthusiasm, preparation, creativity and tenacity
to his role as client advocate and problem solver so as to allow his clients to
get back to their normal--- dispute free---business at the earliest opportunity,
unentangled by costly legal disputes.
He has an active litigation practice and represents banks
and other secured creditors and commercial entities throughout Washington in a wide array of disputes, including
disputes involving contracts, commercial
loan agreements, real property agreements, receiverships, easements, adverse possession, boundary disputes,
commercial leases, partition actions, condemnation, title and title insurance,
mechanics liens, lender liability, wrongful foreclosure, mortgage fraud, professional liability, insurance coverage, bad faith and fraud. He has significant trial and arbitration experience, and has mediated hundreds of disputes to a successful conclusion for his clients.
J.D., Gonzaga University, 1986
Managing Editor, Gonzaga Law Review
B.A., Temple University, 1982
- Receiverships Proceedings—From 2011 to the present, successfully
initiated, managed and closed numerous receivership litigation matters in
Washington courts on behalf of commercial creditors holding in excess of $20
million in defaulted loans to protect and preserve collateral of all kinds
including apartment buildings, hotels, motels, gas stations, and other
retail establishments and commercial entities.
- Commercial Mortgage Fraud—Successfully defended mortgage lenders' lien interests in numerous disputes arising out of borrower and broker mortgage fraud.
- Commercial Lender Liability/Wrongful Foreclosure Litigation—Successfully represented interests of lenders and foreclosure trustees in litigation involving allegations of wrongful foreclosures (judicial and non-judicial) and mortgage fraud.
- Mortgage Broker Agreement—Secured summary judgment order of
specific performance arising out of mortgage broker's failed warranties and
representations to lender.
- Priority Disputes—Successfully enforced priority of judgment
creditor's lien over subsequent deed of trust.
- Prejudgment Writ of Attachments—Successfully defended Motion for
Prejudgment Writ of attachment arising out of sale of hotel.
- Partition Litigation—Successfully prosecuted partition action.
- Private Condemnation—Secured summary judgment Dismissal and an
award of attorney fees in private condemnation and implied easement
- Professional Liability—Successfully defended numerous claims against attorneys, and insurance and real estate professionals.
HONORS / AWARDS / UNIQUE RECOGNITION
Tim is "AV" rated by Martindale-Hubbell*, the highest rating obtainable by members of the legal community.
Tim has also been recognized as a top commercial litigator by Seattle Met
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC INVOLVEMENT
Member of Executive Committee of Real Property,
Probate and Trust Sections of the King County Bar
East King County Bar Association, Member
Washington State Bar Association, Member
BAR / COURT ADMISSIONS
Admitted to Pennsylvania, 1986-1997
Admitted to Washington, 1996
Tim enjoys trail running, fly fishing, hiking and gardening.
*AV is a registered certification mark of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.