Efficient, Effective Conflict Resolution.
Hanson Baker attorneys have broad experience handling disputes related to real estate, business, title insurance claims and construction. Many of our attorneys have served as arbitrators and mediators in these areas. Our approach is always focused on achieving an optimal, economic outcome whether that means mediation, arbitration, trial or appeal.
- Preserved homeowner’s claim for defective EIFS by establishing that the discovery rule applies to contract claims under the construction statute of repose.
- Obtained an award of compensation substantially exceeding the state of Washington’s previous offers, together with attorney fees, after the State filed condemnation actions to acquire parcels in downtown Seattle for expansion of the Washington State Convention and Trade Center.
- Enforced arbitration provision on behalf of general contractor on inmate housing project at McNeil Island Correction Center.
- Won seminal case on whether the state of Washington should recognize a cause of action for negligent construction.
- Obtained jury verdict and judgment declaring that insurance policy did not cover corporation’s claims for destruction of property by establishing that the property was in fact destroyed by arson committed by the corporation’s own agent.